The last time I thought about running macOS on a non-Apple piece of hardware, was the better part of 10 years ago. In fact, macOS wasnt even macOS; it was Mac OS X. Many things have changed since then. The Hackintosh scene has blossomed and running macOS on non-Apple hardware is actually easier than it has EVER been.
This is my current build:
- Intel i7-4790k 4.0Ghz CPU
- MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard
- Crucial Hyper-X Fury 16GB DD3-1600 Memory
- Corsair H80i GT CPU Cooler
- Corsair RM750 PSU
- Corsair M65 Pro RGB Mouse
- Corsair Strafe Red LED Keyboard + Apple full keyboard
- Corsair Obsidian 750d Case
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440p Monitor
I have full Nvidia GPU acceleration along with full CUDA support using the latest Nvidia Web Drivers. I also have full 144hz support on my
To simply put it, this system screams. Compared to the 15″ Retina Late 2015 MacBook Pro I used in my last job, this is a beast. As a backup, I still have my Late 2011 17″ MacBook Pro. I love that notebook. The size is great and it can still perform well while running macOS Sierra.
I am currently buying parts for a new build so I can move this off of my Windows 10 Anniversary Update desktop. These are the specs:
- Intel i5 6600k CPU
- Built in Intel 530 HD Graphics
- GA-Z170N-WIFI Motherboard
- Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-2133 Memory
- Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler
- Corsair RM750i PSU
- GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
- Broadcom BCM94360CD Wifi-BT Adapter for Continuity/Hand off features
- Fenvi Wireless Adapter card
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple full keyboard
- Corsair Obsidian 250d Case
- MacOS Sierra
These are Hackintosh approved parts. Everything should be smooth and I will have a dedicated macOS build.
If you are like me, you love pizza. LOVE pizza. That being said, there are some tell-tale signs that you may be just a little obsessed with pizza. We will use relationships to make this comparison!
- It doesnt matter what kind of toppings your significant other is wearing, they always appear they are going out for a fancy dinner.
- Your significant other accepts you for all that you are. You could be covered in tomato sauce or smell like garlic.
- Once your significant other comes to visit, you feel 100 times better about life.
- Your significant other will NEVER judge you based on your body.
- Your significant other is the best company to have. They always keep you warm on cold nights.
- Your significant other loves to watch Netflix with you and NEVER tells you what to watch.
- You experienced love at first sight with your your significant other the first time you met.
- You cannot live without your significant other.
- There is no other smell on the planet that smells as good as your significant other.
- When you are feeling down, all you have to do is call your significant other and they will be by your side within 30 minutes.
- Your significant other loves eating with your family.
- The relationship you and your significant other have is fully supported by your parents.
- You are always happy to spend time with your significant other. Seven days a week, 365 days a year. You always have time for them.
- Eating with your significant other is never expensive. You can eat at home for just a few dollars.
There are plenty of tutorials out there that show you how to build a to do app. My issue with them, is they all seemed to build the same to do app. What I will show you in this set of tutorials, is how to build a to do app, but a to do app with a little extra oomph.
The app we will end up with at the end of this series will do the following:
- Add lists
- Edit lists
- Delete lists
- Input list items
- Edit list items
- Delete list items
- Share a lists items with an email address
In this tutorial, we will create a simple calculator that converts human years to dog years.
Start by creating a ‘Single View Application.’ Open up your Main.storyboard. We will want to add:
- A UILabel x 3
- A UITextField x 1
- A UIButton x 1
Add some placeholder text to your UITextField. Change the text of your UIButton to ‘Convert Age.’ Change one of your UILabels to ‘Your dogs age is”. Clear the second UILabel. Change the last UILabel to ‘years old.’